Not much to report this week. A new developer joined the team, so I spent some time onboarding him; I also continued with the work to integrate with our new auth service; and I made some small code improvements.
This has been a good week for books. My dad brought over some boxes of books which I’d left in his loft years ago, so I’ve been sorting through those, figuring out what to keep and what to donate.
But, with 855 books in my home, I’ve run out of shelf space. Can I fit in more shelves? Will I have to conduct a purge? Tune in next time.
After 30 sessions, starting in May last year, my Call of Cthulhu campaign has ended.
It ended not with a whimper but with a bang: one character threw a stick of dynamite at the cultist mad scientist, on the lip of a dormant volcano. The villain tried to dive away, but was too slow in his damaged robot suit, and took almost the full force of the explosion. Ending him, and his nefarious plans.
We had a flash-forward to the date when the cult planned to conduct its great ritual… and the world did not end. Good job, player characters!
It’s a little sad that it’s over, but it was a good place to end, and the campaign had lasted a while. It’ll be nice to do something else, and so we’ll be starting Traveller in a couple of weeks time.