- I fixed up some of my Haskell packages and got them back into Stackage:
Elasticsearch 5 is now dead and gone, at long last. I wrote up an ADR on the upgrade.
We’ve started looking into different ways of incorporating popularity into our search ranking. At the moment it has a large impact, so some really popular pages show up at the top for a lot of queries, even if the page is only tangentially related to the user’s keywords.
I read The Great Hunt (by Robert Jordan), the second book in the Wheel of Time series.
I went to talk to mortgage advisors at Nationwide and HSBC about buying the flat I’m currently renting, but they both wanted a deposit of at least 40k, which I can’t do. So I guess I will need to move and rent somewhere different.
- What is Good About Haskell?
- AWS faces Elasticsearch lawsuit for trademark infringement
- MicroPython - Python for microcontrollers
- This Week in Rust 306
- The pain of tracking down changes in U.S. law
- Issue 179 :: Haskell Weekly
- D&D Group Overthrows Dungeon Master in Favor of Dungeon Democracy
- Lab-made primordial soup yields RNA bases
- False Hydra
- Antimemetics Division Hub
- The Strange Case of the Woman Who Can’t Remember Her Past—Or Imagine Her Future | WIRED