Teas I like
I mostly drink dark (puerh), black, and oolong teas. These are my favourite ones:
|Darjeeling First Flush||What-Cha||Black||Darjeeling, India|
|Himalayan Imperial||What-Cha||Black||Dhankuta, Nepal|
|‘Non-Smoky’ Lapsang Souchong||What-Cha||Black||Fujian, China|
|Pure Bud Golden Snail||What-Cha||Black||Yunnan, China|
|Malawi Dark||What-Cha||Dark||Shire Highlands, Malawi|
|Charcoal Roasted Oolong||What-Cha||Oolong||Nantou, Taiwan|
|Shui Xian||What-Cha||Oolong||Nantou, Taiwan|
|Takumiya Loose Buckwheat Tea||Japan Centre||Not Tea||?, Japan|
I also have some emergency Yorkshire Tea bags reserved for only the most dire of emergencies.
Teas I don’t like
- Assam and blends which contain it, like most breakfast teas. Too malty.
- Lapsang Souchong it tastes bad cold, and isn’t brilliant hot.
I buy tea from
- Good quality, teas often brew three or four good pots.
- Free (for orders over £25) and prompt (often next-day) delivery.
- But often missing more standard teas like darjeeling or jasmine, or only carrying expensive variants.
- Has a lot of “normal” Japanese teas, which more specialist sellers often gloss over.
- Usually has matcha in stock.
- But very little fancy stuff.
- Has lots of more “normal” teas.
- But it’s of mediocre quality, teas usually only make one or two good pots.